QuickBooks may display an error when you start a CCRSoftware product, “Application with Revoked Certificate”, similar to the one shown here.
This error prevents you from running the program. Note that if you try to run the CCRSoftware product again, after this, you may get a different error (probably something about the admin not giving permission to this program).
Code signing certificates are a way for a software developer to “digitally sign” their software to show the user that the copy of the program they are installing is a valid copy from that developer. Unfortunately, staring in 2016, Microsoft has decided to change code signing certificates from a format that has been used for a very long time, and in some operating systems the certificates show as no longer being valid. QuickBooks doesn’t handle this well, it will prevent the software with one of these older format certificates from access your company file.
The odd thing is that if the software was not signed at all, it could still access your QuickBooks data.
At the time this article is being written, this is only a problem on Windows 10. Over time, this problem will probably extend to Windows 8 and Windows 7.
We are working on a resolution to this problem. If your software is not listed below, please go to our support page and submit a support request, stating that you have the “revoked certificate” issue, and we will inform you when an update is available.
Please make sure that you read the “Installing the Update” instructions below.
- Standard release (3.2.2), go to the CCRQBOM download page . This is the version most people should install.
- Pre release versions (4.0.0), go to the CCRQBOM Pre-release page. DO NOT pick this unless you were using the pre-release version before. A serial number for the 3.2.2 version will not work with this version.
- Standard release (184.108.40.206), go to the CCRQInvoice download page. This is the version most people should install.
- Pre release versions (3.6.1), go to the CCRQInvoice pre-release page. DO NOT pick this unless you were using the pre-release version before. A serial number for the 220.127.116.11 version will not work with this version.
- Standard release (1.0.5), click this link to download.
Installing the Update
To resolve this problem you need to reset some preferences in QuickBooks, and then download and install an updated program.
- Select the Integrated Preferences option on the left.
- Select the Company Preferences tab.
- Locate all copies of the particular CCRSoftware product you are using in the list (CCRQInvoice is used in our example above), and Remove every copy from the list.
- Close the preferences window.
- Download the appropriate installer from the list below.
- Run that installer. It will ask if you want to remove the prior copy (you must say yes). Accept all of the default settings (make sure you select for “all users”).
- Run the CCRSoftware program. It should recognize your prior registration key (serial number) if you have a registered copy with the same version.
- QuickBooks will ask you if it is OK for the program to access your data. Select “Yes, whenever this QuickBooks company file is open”.
That should resolve the problem. If you have further issues, please submit a support request.